We have been providing vision correction surgery for 25+ years. Dr. Ackerman has performed over 75,000 refractive surgical procedures.
- Laser-assisted cataract surgery, both bladeless and sutureless
- Intraocular lens choices
- Multifocal IOL – Provides clear vision, near and far, with minimal to no need for glasses.
- Toric IOL – Excellent distance vision with little to no need for glasses permanently. May still need reading glasses, but would be non-prescription (OTC) magnifying readers.
- Aspherical IOL (HD lenses) – Reduce or eliminate your need for glasses either distance, near or both. These are the most accurate lenses on the market.
- Monofocal IOL – Provides clear vision after surgery with the requirement of glasses for distance, near or both.
- Monovision – Provides distance vision in one eye and near vision in the other eye
YAG Laser Capsulotomy
Cataracts do not come back after surgery. There is a normal clear membrane which is behind the lens called the “posterior capsule”. This membrane sometimes becomes cloudy weeks to years after cataract surgery. In this case, a simple laser procedure called “YAG laser” can be performed to clear this membrane. This procedure is not included as a part of your cataract surgery and is separately billable to your insurance.
LASIK (Laser Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis) is used in the treatment of nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. LASIK procedures reshape the cornea to adjust the eyes’ focus. We perform this outpatient procedure in our surgical center located at our office. Our VISX Excimer Laser is state of the art and allows our surgeon to do custom LASIK procedures.
- PRK (Photorefractive keratectomy)
- CK (Conductive keratoplasty) – reduces the need for reading glasses
- PK (penetrating kertoplasty) – corneal transplant
- Therapeutic Keratectomy
- Amniotic membrane grafting
- SLT (Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty)
- ECP (Endoscopic Cyclophotocoagulation)
- Reservoir shunts
- Peripheral Iridectomy
- Blepharoplasty (upper and lower lids)
- Brow ptosis
- Periferal Iridectomy
- Macular degeneration therapies
- Diabetic Retinal disease
- Hypertensive Retinal disease
- Laser treatment of retinal defects