Vision Correction with Cataract Surgery
We have been providing vision correction surgery for 25+ years. No longer do you have to wait until cataracts completely blur your vision to have them removed. With such an active lifestyle, people are experiencing trouble with halos, glare, and difficulty driving at night at younger ages due to cataract development. The opportunity for lifelong vision correction from this procedure has never been better. With bladeless laser cataract surgery, the safety profile allows for less healing time, quicker recovery, and more precision with the specialty lenses. We offer a wide variety of specialty lenses from which to chose. Instead of having only distance correction, you may chose to have excellent computer vision as well as distance. If you do lots of detailed near work you may chose to have excellent near vision for small details. Along with your distance vision, there are so many choices to live and see well all without glasses.
- Laser-assisted cataract surgery, both bladeless and sutureless
- Multifocal IOL – Provides clear vision, near and far, with minimal to no need for glasses.
- Toric IOL – Excellent distance vision with little to no need for glasses permanently. May still need reading glasses, but would be non-prescription (OTC) magnifying readers.
- Aspherical IOL (HD lenses) – Reduce or eliminate your need for glasses either distance, near or both. These are the most accurate lenses on the market.
- Monofocal IOL – Provides clear vision after surgery with the requirement of glasses for distance, near or both.
- Monovision – Provides distance vision in one eye and near vision in the other eye
YAG Laser Capsulotomy
Cataracts do not come back after surgery. There is a normal clear membrane which is behind the lens called the “posterior capsule”. This membrane sometimes becomes cloudy weeks to years after cataract surgery. In this case, a simple laser procedure called “YAG laser” can be performed to clear this membrane. This procedure is not included as a part of your cataract surgery and is separately billable to your insurance.
LASIK (Laser Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis) is used in the treatment of nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. LASIK procedures reshape the cornea to adjust the eyes’ focus. We perform this outpatient procedure in our surgical center located at our office. Our VISX Excimer Laser is state of the art and allows our surgeon to do custom LASIK procedures.
- PRK (Photorefractive keratectomy)
- CK (Conductive keratoplasty) – reduces the need for reading glasses
- PK (penetrating kertoplasty) – corneal transplant
- Therapeutic Keratectomy
- Amniotic membrane grafting
- SLT (Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty)
- ECP (Endoscopic Cyclophotocoagulation)
- Reservoir shunts
- Peripheral Iridectomy
- Blepharoplasty (upper and lower lids)
- Brow ptosis
- Periferal Iridectomy
- Macular degeneration therapies
- Diabetic Retinal disease
- Hypertensive Retinal disease
- Laser treatment of retinal defects